You probably already know how to use words like סבבה (sababa – cool, alright) and תודה (toe-dah – thanks). Now it’s time to learn the words that make you feel like a local when you’re using WhatsApp!
1. Oppa! Someone just texted you? Let’s learn how to say “message” in Hebrew!
2. Did that guy from your class WhatsApp group just sent you a private message?
Keyword: הוֹדָעָה פְּרָטִית
Translation: private message
Transliteration: hoh-dah-ah prah-teet
3. Oh, sababa, it was just another group message…
Keyword: הוֹדָעָה קְבוּצָתִית
Translation: group message
Transliteration: hoh-dah-ah k’voo-tzah-teet
4. Voice messages are the best when you’re in a hurry!
Keyword: הוֹדָעָה קוֹלִית
Translation: voice message
Transliteration: hoh-dah-ah koh-leet
5. Now it’s time to record (a voice message) in Hebrew!
Translation: to record (a voice message)
Transliteration: – leh-hahk-leet
6. You’re having a birthday party? Let’s open a WhatsApp group!
Keyword: קְבוּצַת וואטסאפ
Translation: WhatsApp Group
Transliteration: – k’voo-tzaht whahts-ahpp
7. Wow! What a beautiful new profile picture!
Keyword: תְּמוּנַת פְּרוֹפִיל
Translation: profile picture
Transliteration: t’moo’naht proh-feel
8. Even my grandma knows how to send pictures on WhatsApp!
Translation: to send
9. Do you want to just send me a text?
Translation: to send a text
*PS – this one is easy if you remember that “to send an SMS” sounds like “leh-sah-mes”!
10. Ah, Idan and Rozi? I heard they were texting one another!
Translation: to text one another