Born in Haifa and raised in New Jersey, Zo Flamenbaum joins the show to discuss School of Shine and life in Tel Aviv.
Host Josh Hoffman and Zo cover a lot in this episode, including:
- What it means to be a “hippie entrepreneur”
- Her up’s and down’s of living in Tel Aviv since 2010
- Career advice for being successful in Tel Aviv
- How Tel Aviv compares to New York City
- School of Shine
- Zo Flamenbaum – Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation
- School of Shine Tel Aviv (Facebook group)
- Zo on Facebook
Quotes From This Episode
- “School of Shine was inspired by my own need for community, connection and deep conversation.”
- “You’re always on the search for something in Tel Aviv — whether it’s a relationship, or a job, or an apartment.”
- “One of the reasons I really love Tel Aviv is because of the opportunity — the opportunity to create.”
- “The beauty of Tel Aviv is it’s still a very developing city. It’s ever-developing, so there are so many opportunities to find something that you feel is missing and make it happen.”
- “In Tel Aviv, there’s a bubble of energy and warmth and comfort and home that is indescribable to anyone who hasn’t experienced it.”
About the Show
Hosted by Josh Hoffman, Totally Tel Aviv is an interview-style podcast that introduces you to Tel Avivians from all walks of life.
Totally Tel Aviv is recorded at Rise Tel Aviv.
Never Miss an Episode
Get the latest episodes of Totally Tel Aviv via: