Born and raised in New York, Adir Freilich is the host of Startup Camel, a podcast that plunges into Israeli innovation and culture by interviewing some of the brightest minds in the startup world.
Host Josh Hoffman and Adir cover a lot in this episode, including:
- His experience as part of the “Miracle on the Hudson” and how it’s affected his life
- Hosting and managing Startup Camel
- The funny story behind why his parents gave him the Israeli name “Adir” (even though he’s not Israeli)
- Startup Camel
- Citizen Café founder Tamar Pross on Startup Camel
- The “Miracle on the Hudson”
- Sully (the “Miracle on the Hudson” movie)
- Topolopompo (Adir’s favorite restaurant in Tel Aviv)
Quotes From This Episode
- “A big part of my move to Israel was wanting to make a career change.”
- “‘The Miracle on the Hudson’ is, hands down, one of the greatest things to happen in my life. It taught me so much about life and myself.”
- “I wanted to find new ventures and new opportunities, and to seek out a new life, so I could get that drive again and that motivational force again. And I’ve really found it in Tel Aviv.”
- “On my podcast, I make a joke: ‘Welcome to Startup Camel, here at Mindspace in the center of Tel Aviv, Israel, where the weather and people are beautiful, and the customer service is ugly.'”
About the Show
Hosted by Josh Hoffman, Totally Tel Aviv is an interview-style podcast that introduces you to Tel Avivians from all walks of life.
Totally Tel Aviv is recorded at Rise Tel Aviv.
Never Miss an Episode
Get the latest episodes of Totally Tel Aviv via: