Born in the United States, raised in Belgium and living in Israel since the age of 18, Jessica Tulchin runs a social startup called FluenTLV, which aims to impact the way people learn languages in society.
Host Josh Hoffman and Jessica cover a lot in this episode, including:
- The best ways to learn a new language
- Myths about learning a new language
- Why learning new languages will better connect people from different cultures and backgrounds
- FluenTLV’s website
- FluenTLV on Facebook
- Rustico (Jessica’s favorite restaurant in Tel Aviv)
- Balkan Beat Box & Dudu Tassa (Jessica’s favorite Israeli musicians)
- Jessica Tulchin on Facebook
Quotes From This Episode
- “One of the main things that attracted me in Tel Aviv is some kind of freedom — that you can basically be who you want to be in Tel Aviv. Everyone can find their own place.”
- “One of the biggest myths about learning a new language is that it’s only for smart people. First of all, find the interest. What’s going to interest you about learning a new language?”
- “Our overall goal is to have more people know more languages, more people connect, and make this world a more comprehensive and tolerant place.”
About the Show
Hosted by Josh Hoffman, Totally Tel Aviv is an interview-style podcast that introduces you to Tel Avivians from all walks of life.
Totally Tel Aviv is recorded at Rise Tel Aviv.
Never Miss an Episode
Get the latest episodes of Totally Tel Aviv via: