Born and raised in Haifa, Chen Shapira joins the show to discuss his role as the Assistant Director of Hebrew at Citizen Café, as well as life in Tel Aviv.
Host Josh Hoffman and Chen cover a lot in this episode, including:
- What it’s like to teach Hebrew to internationals
- The funniest mistakes internationals make when learning Hebrew
- Moving to Tel Aviv from Haifa in 2006
- Luna Park
- Brasserie and 24 Rupee (Chen’s favorite restaurants in Tel Aviv)
- Shalom Hanoch (Chen’s favorite Israeli musician)
Quotes From This Episode
- “The best thing about living in Tel Aviv is just being able to walk around.”
- “I’m pretty sure Tel Aviv has some of the best restaurants in the world — seriously.”
- “The most interesting people in Tel Aviv, you can see them in the middle of the night.”
- “Tel Aviv is where people come to be themselves.”
About the Show
Hosted by Josh Hoffman, Totally Tel Aviv is an interview-style podcast that introduces you to Tel Avivians from all walks of life.
Totally Tel Aviv is recorded at Rise Tel Aviv.
Never Miss an Episode
Get the latest episodes of Totally Tel Aviv via: