In what seems more like a jungle brawl than an election, Israeli politicians have resorted to all sorts of tactics to taking the 2019 national elections. With all the new political parties, there are so many aspects changing at such a rapid pace, it’s hard to keep up. We’ll discuss everything you need to know to be an informed citizen in the upcoming elections.
The discussion will be lead by Irit Edri – an Israeli advocate and politics expert. She is knowledgeable on Israeli politics, activism, and social justice. She believes that citizens have the power to change major issues using social media, civil protests, and journalism.
Here are some of the questions Irit will answer:
- How does the political system work in Israel?
- Why are so many new parties forming?
- Why are we having elections before Bibi’s term has ended?
- What are the economical and social consequences of Bibi’s corruption scandal?
- What’s the link between capital, government, and media?
- What can you do to affect the political and social situation here in Israel?
Join us for a night of insightful discussion.
WHEN: Tuesday, 19.3. 19:30
WHERE: Mindspace, Rothschild 45. 1st floor
This event is held in English. Entrance is free, but you must RSVP.
Bring your toughest questions on Israeli politics; we have answers.