Can it get any hotter?!
As we say in Hebrew: איזה חום
The heat and humidity got us thinking about the “struggles” every Tel Avivian faces during the summer. Can you relate?
- The air conditioner fails miserably mid-August, after working fine all (one month of) winter.
- You suddenly become in debt from Anita’s ice cream and Tamara’s frozen yogurt.
- Multiple tan lines … well, multiple burn lines, but one can dream.
- You develop a serious iced coffee addiction that you don’t want to admit.
- Every 2-minute bike ride requires a 10-minute shower – a steady 1-to-3 ratio.
- Yet it only takes seconds after stepping out of the shower for those beads of water to transform into beads of sweat.
- Jellyfish – despite their electric nature, they have feelings too, you know.
- The Mediterranean Sea feels like submerging into a boiling hot tub after an intense workout – there’s nothing refreshing about it.
- Walking hand-in-hand on a date loses its romantic value due to inevitable clammy hand syndrome.
- Body odor – especially on an overcrowded bus. Enough said.
- There’s nothing like a crisp beer on the beach … until the beer/sun combination knocks you out.
- It becomes extra difficult to break the Taglit bubbles that flood any area in Tel Aviv which claims significance.
- You have to spend months upon months in beautiful, cloudless weather while the rest of the world benefits from unpredictable rain and grey skies.