Meet Michael, another one of our amazing guest speakers for our next Citizen Talks event coming up next Sunday August 26th. Michael is a master of biochemistry and Plant Biology and has worked in the UK, Germany, USA, Brazil, Switzerland and Israel.
We asked Michael 5 questions so you can get to know him a little better, too.
- When and why did you move to Tel Aviv?
My partner was studying in the US, where we met. When she graduated, she returned to Israel. Now I spend half the year in IL and half in the US.
- What was your welcome-to-Tel-Aviv moment?
Hearing great music and meeting great musicians at Cafe Kaimak on Levinski after a long, hot and depressing search for somewhere to rent.
- What’s your best advice for internationals living in Tel Aviv?
Go to the Shuk and buy olives. All of life is there.
- Where can we find you on a typical Thursday night?
Cinemateque Tel Aviv or Beit Haamudim Jazz Club on Rambam.
- What’s your favorite Hebrew word or phrase?
לאט לאט (pronounced le-at, le-at) which means slowly, slowly…
Get your FREE tickets to Citizen Talks HERE!