If you’ve ever been in one of these situations, you know exactly what we’re talking about.
- When locals mistake you for being a tourist
- When the bus driver doesn’t understand where you want to go
- When you’re with a group of Israelis and someone makes a hilarious joke in Hebrew
- When you get on the wrong train
- When you get ripped off by a cab driver
- When a good-looking Israeli shows interest in you … but they only know Hebrew
- When you ask a question in Hebrew … but you don’t understand the answer in Hebrew
- When your Israeli boyfriend or girlfriend’s parents only know Hebrew
- When you call a local business, and whoever answers the phone only speaks Hebrew
- When the mall security guard asks if you have a weapon (neshek) and you think they’re asking for a kiss (neshikah)
Want to learn to speak like a local? We have courses at your level of Hebrew starting soon at our Ulpan in Rothschild,Tel Aviv.